Monday 24 September 2007

And so it all began

One day I woke up realizing that although I had not yet been able to find a knitting café in Oslo, that was not a reason for me not to start a new knitting café.

So what is this all about then? It's about knitting together, or crocheting, or embroidering or anything else you want to do in a public setting which is reasonably portable. It is about talking and sharing ideas, hiding from the cold, drinking tea and coffee and eating snacks. About giving book reviews and film reviews and reviews of any kind really (if that is your thing) Mainly it is about meeting people with similar interests though.

By meeting at different cafés around town (or maybe the same?) and just writing when and where anyone can show up. Sometimes 2 people, sometimes 20. There is no pressure in it at all, just fun!

So, come join me!

/Alva
PS: the reason I'm writing in English is that my Norwegian is honestly rather poor (as I'm from Sweden) and you never know who wants to join in all the fun!

1 comment:

dava said...

What should I say? You made it - you definately made it! Congratulations! :-) I can't wait to get it real started, and I guess, I already know someone, who wants to join us - maybe... someday... somewhere... somehow... But I am definately in! Looking forward to it...